Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Catching up

Hello, everyone! How has life been lately? My life's been pretty good. I'm not certain that I told you, but my sisters and I have been taking a speech and composition class since September. It's been fun, and challenging. Lots and lots of essays. :P We finished the first semester in December. But-- oops! I forgot! Starting a sentence with "but" is not allowed in the writing class! What I meant to say was, I've really liked the class, and improving my writing has been nice. The class is on Thursday (just finished my homework from last week today), so that's where I'm headed tomorrow, and I can't wait! I really like the class, because the teacher is nice, the classmates are nice, and we get to learn. :) Learning is always fun, right?

Speaking of learning and school, my sister Leah is graduating this year! I'm so excited for her! She has been a really great student, and my mom has been a really brave teacher for homeschooling through high school. Yay! Next year I'll be a senior. I'm still not sure what to do after high school. I was thinking of being either a hair dresser or something with animals. I don't really want to have a job where I have to do excessive math or algebra. I'm working on accounting right now, and it's kind of confusing. It's not that I hate math. I'm relatively good at it, and I can understand most of it. I just don't like it. What kind of schoolwork is your favorite? What about your least favorite? :)

Oh yes. How was everyone's Christmas? Mine was good. For Christmas, our mother and grandmother told my sisters and I that we were fat, ugly, and lazy.

No, not really, just kidding! The reason I said that was because of the presents they gave us: a pedometer (a thing that counts your steps), an apron and a cookbook, and some supplies to make mineral make-up. Yes, mineral make-up. Ever heard of it? Because I had not until last year. It came from Glory Bee Foods. Here's the link to the make-up kit we got. It's been fun to experiment with. You should really consider getting it too, if you wear make-up, because it's a lot healthier than normal make-up.
What did you get for Christmas? I hope your New Year was good too, because mine was. We went to our aunt and uncle's house and ran around with the cousins and had yummy food. :) And then we went home and popped balloons and watched fireworks and screamed a lot. I really like the New Year.

Also, this year is, for our family, a year of No Dessert. Because sugar is not very healthy for us.Yep, no chocolate, no cookies, no chocolate, no cake, and most of all, no chocolate. Except on special occasions. I've been getting through alright (ok, cheating just a bit) with some yummy dark chocolate-covered prunes from Christmas. They're healthy, because they're prunes and dark chocolate, right? Right?

Well, I should probably sign off, because it's getting close to dinner, and we're having salmon patties and quinoa (keen-wa) for dinner, yum! If you don't know what quinoa is, it's a sort of grain that's really healthy. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Grace be with you,

Abby :D

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Hey, Abby!
Wow, it's been a long time since I've entered the blogging world! I hadn't posted on my blog since last June! I posted today though.

Speech sounds fun! I love writing essays and speaking in public.

I don't like math at all either! It's not that hard, and like you said I understand it, but it's just not fun to do!

I really love literature and all things to do with reading and writing. :) Right now in literature I'm reading "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom. It is a wonderful book! I'm amazed by the love of God that shines through Corrie and her sister, Betsy.

Well, have a blessed evening! :)

-Lulu

Abby said...

Lulu Maggie~ Ooh, The Hiding Place! I've really been wanting to read it. I love love love missionary stories. :)