Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

a short thought for the week


















 A week or two ago, I stood around for 5 hours. Of course, I wasn't just standing there. I was helping to pack shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. It was a wonderful experience, checking and taping boxes for needy children. I willingly stood there and packed for 5 hours... and it made me think.

At home, when my mother assignment vacuuming as the 'chore of the day', I grumpily get out the vacuum. I slam it around and grumble under my breath at how hard and unfair it is.
What is so different about serving out and about, and serving at home? Is it just that it's more fun to be with friends while working? Or maybe that we try to make a good impression on people, "Oh look! I just love to work so much! I'm so cheerful and happy as I work!" I'm certainly not like that at home. Would I have been so cheerful if we had to pack boxes at home, without friends, without anyone to impress?

What is your opinion? Do you work more cheerfully at home, or out-and-about?

Grace be with you,

Abby :D 

2 comments:

Leah said...

I know what you mean. I feel the same way, too.

Great post.

Love,
Leah

Marelle said...

Yes, yes, yes. I feel like we all try our best to impress others, when really we should be trying to impress God. Great post!
-Marelle<3