Thursday, December 22, 2011
A Tag with Character
I found this fun looking tag on Julia's blog. It looks really really fun. We shall see if it is, shall we not?
The rules are to name 12 literary characters and then answer the questions. Here goes!
First my list of 12 characters:
1. Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie
2. Mary Poppins from, well, Mary Poppins
3. Desperaux from The Tale of Desperaux
4. Pip from Great Expectations
5. Meg from A Wrinkle in Time
6. Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings
7. Elsie from Elsie Dinsmore
8. Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables
9. Mandie from the Mandie series
10. Count Olaf from A Series of Unfortunate Events
11. Mary from The Secret Garden
12. Betsy from the Betsy-Tacy series
Now to answer the questions!
1. Who would make a better college professor, 6 or 11?
Hmm... Sam or Mary. Probably Sam. He knows more.
2. 12 sends 8 out on a mission. What is it? Does it succeed?
Betsy sends Gilbert. Uh, maybe a mission to find a way to make her hair stay curly? He gets a curling iron. :)
3. What is, or what would be, 9’s favorite book?
Mandie? The Bible, most likely.
4. Would it make more sense for 2 to swear fealty to 6 or the other way around?
Sam to Mary Poppins, or Mary to Sam? Probably the first way. He's kind of that sort of guy.
5. Number 5 is looking for a roommate. Should s/he room with 9 or 10?
Definitely Meg with Mandie. I don't think Meg would enjoy sharing with Count Olaf.
6. 2, 7, and 12 are going out to dinner. Where are they going, and what do they discuss?
Mary Poppins, Elsie Dinsmore, and Betsy. They probably go to a fancy restaurant. After all, Elsie is rich. I don't know what they talk about. Maybe theology and uh... looking pretty?
7. 3 challenges 10 to a duel. Who wins?
Count Olaf and Desperaux. I would hope that Desperaux would win, but Count Olaf is bigger. So he'd probably win.
8. If 1 stole 8’s most precious possession, how would s/he get it back?
Gilbert could probably just ask Laura for it. Unless it was something she really wanted. Then she'd shut the door in his face and he would have to resort to stealing it back.
9. Suggest a story title in which 7 and 12 both attain what they want.
Betsy and Elsie. How about, "Inward Beauty" or some such name.
10. What kind of plot device would you have to use to get 1 and 4 to work together?
Pip and Laura. Well. I really don't know. First Pip would have to have a boat to sail to America, then he would knock on her door and ask very politely.
11. If 7 visited you for the weekend, how would it go?
Elsie Dinsmore. I've always wanted to meet her! We would probably spend the weekend sewing and talking.
12. If you could command 3 to perform any service or task for you, what would it be?
I would send him to fetch me some soup from the cook.
13. If 2 had to choose sides between 4 or 5, what side would s/he choose?
Mary Poppins choosing between Pip and Meg. She'd choose Meg. They both come from sort of magic-y tales, so they would most likely like each other.
14. What might 10 shout out while charging into battle?
Count Olaf. Maybe he shout, "I will get your fortune!" :)
15. If you had to choose a song to best describe 8, what would it be?
Gilbert. Probably some song about loving never failing or something.
16. 1, 6, and 12 are having a dim sum at a Chinese Restaurant. There is only one scallion pancake left , and they all reach for it at the same time. Who gets it?
Laura, Betsy, Sam. I should hope that Sam would be gentlemanly enough to let the ladies have. I think that Laura and Betsy would split it.
17. What would 5 most likely be arrested for?
Meg. Uh... maybe fighting... for her brother?
18. What is 6’s secret?
Sam. That he wanted to steal the Ring for himself?
19. If 11 and 9 were racing to a destination, who would get there first?
Mandie and Mary. I don't know, they're both pretty fast. Probably Mary, because she's more determined.
20. If you had to walk home through a bad neighborhood late at night, who would you be more comfortable walking with, 7 or 8?
Elsie or Gilbert. Gilbert, because he's stronger.
21. 1 and 9 reluctantly team up to save the world from the threat posed by 4's sinister secret organization. 11 volunteers to help them,but it is later discovered that s/he is actually a spy for 4. Meanwhile, 4 has kidnapped 12 in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of 5, they seek out 3, who gives them what they need to complete their quest. What title would you give this fiction?
Laura and Mandie team up to save the world from Pip's secret organization (funny, he never struck me as that sort of person). Mary volunteers to help, but is discovered that she is a spy for Pip. Meanwhile, Pip has kidnapped Betsy (poor Betsy) in an attempt to force their surrender. Following the wise advice of Meg, they seek out Desperaux, who gives them what they need to complete their quest.
It could be called, "The Wisdom of a Mouse".
That was really fun! I liked it a lot! Now, I'm not going to tag anyone, but anyone who wants to take it can. I recommend it.
Grace be with you,