Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Ramblings from the sleep-deprived mind

I will start with this one simple question:

When do you go to bed?

Huh? Huh? Are you sure? Huh? Well, I go to bed at... are you ready for this? AFTER 11 'o clock. At least 30 minutes after, usually. *shriek from the early go-to-bedders* This late bedtime is probably responsible for my hyper-ness a lot of the time. It's 9:13 pm right now, and my body is already saying, "Hey Abby! Can't you see the clock? It's time to go to bed! Do you hear me? Abby?" whereas my mind is saying, "Come on! It's early! You still have a couple of hours before bedtime!" Who do I listen to?

My grandma made these WONDERFUL cookies. And when I say wonderful, I mean WONDERFUL! If you like, I can share the recipe with you. You just have to say, "Pretty please with a COOKIE on top," and I will.

Anyways, I've been thinking about taking a blogging break. Can you say souvenirs? Well, maybe not that, but at least a break.
Now that summer is coming to an end, I finally have a project. Ugh! It always happens that way. Can you guess what I'm making? Hint: it's for my hope chest.

I've been reading Proverbs and Song of Solomon. I don't really like SOS. It's too lovey-dovey (why do people say lovey-dovey anyway? What do doves have to do with it?) I think this book is more for grown-ups, or mature teenagers. Proverbs is great advice for anyone, even though Solomon wrote it for his son. Solomon came to a rather bad end, you know. Even though he was really wise, he still ended up sacrificing to idols.

So, now you know how my mind works at night, when I'm hyper.

What has been on your mind lately?

Grace be with you,

Abby :D

2 comments:

M said...

iv'e been going to bed at around 10:30 these days. Mainly because I can't sleep in in the mornings anymore. I just have plenty of school to be doing. :\
oh and I like how your brain works when your hyper! :D

Mattie

Skylar said...

Hi! I'm Skylar. I'm 14 too and I home school! I go to bed pretty late, but my mom likes me to go to bed earlier. :) Oh mothers...

Check out my blog if you want to!

Sky

P.S. I'd love to have your cookie recipe. Pretty please with a COOKIE on top!