Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

the sometimes days

 (uh oh, blogging has taken the back burner again. I'm trying, really I am!)

In my life, usually, everything goes pretty well. School is challenging, but not frustrating. Music practice goes well. I have some extra free time to do with what I wish. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping. I know that Jesus died on the cross to save me, and I know that God loves me. Everything goes right.

But sometimes...

There are those days. School is absolutely awful, I've been dawdling too long and I know it. I have no free time yet I've somehow managed to spend way too much time on the internet. I'm grumpy to everybody, I feel like sitting down and screaming. I know that God is looking down at me frowning, but I just can't seem to get out of this slump.

Can you relate? I really hope you can. Because I know I post these kinds of posts a lot, but I like looking back on them when I'm feeling bad. If you have the same 'sometimes' days that I have, you know the feeling.

One Bible verse that's good for days like these is:

...the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

So He won't forsake you... even on your bad days? Yes, even then.

Here's another one I like.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1

Even when we're feeling grumpy and not so great, we can still remember that God truly loves us, and He sent His son to die for us. He is our help in trouble, and He won't leave you or forsake you. 

 Remember that on your next 'sometimes' day.

Grace be with you,

Abby :D 

p.s. sorry for no pictures. i just can't seem to find the time to upload one!



No comments: