Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A post about my favorite bird (at least one of them)

{not my picture}
 I have always loved crows--er, excuse me-- ravens. They are mysterious, kinda creepy, and beautiful. I love their curved beaks and their big feet and claws.

{not my picture}
Yes, I know a group of crows is called a murder (hmm... does the crow in the above picture somehow seem like a murderer in a black cloak? He looks suspicious). But they're pretty, and smart (think about the fable, The Crow and the Pitcher). I also like Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven ('Nevermore'). They've always been one of my favorite birds. What's your favorite bird?

Grace be with you,

Abby :D

4 comments:

The Roses said...

You are so funny! I would have thought your favorite bird was a sparrow.

Mina said...

Wow That,s so.....Raven!
(that was a joke in case you were wondering,there is an older Disney Channel show called thats so raven)

Yes they are pretty cool:)
-Mina;)

Jenna Blake Morris said...

I love ravens! I have ever since I read Poe's poem. It's one of my favorites, and he's my favorite poet, so it just clicked for me.

On the other hand, I have to admit that the bird in the picture looks sort of...shifty.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can see how they are your favorite bird. They are just a little bit pretty.

-Meghan